Care and feeding of Daddies:
1. Daddies may seem stalwart and invincible but often in the pursuit of providing for our Little Ones we need to be reminded to sit down/eat/sleep/breathe.
2. Daddies need praise. Often we act as a filter between you and the harshness of the world we want to spare you from. Telling us what a good job we are doing makes it all better.
3. Daddies need to be asked what they need sometimes :) Especially if your Daddy is a bit addled in the brain…
4. You are one of Daddy’s biggest sources of stress relief. Learn him. Interpret him. Let him know you delight in unwinding him.
5. Our community tends to tailor towards fun social activities where Littles get to interact with each other. It can be a bit different for Daddies. Encourage him to make friends with other Daddies when possible. We are a great support group for each other.
6. Play with your Daddy. Not just sexytimes. Try and understand his hobbies. Watch that bring out a smile in him.
7. He’s already wrapped around your little finger. Make that a safe stable place for him to be. Be the place he can retreat to as well.
8. When he does something manly…praise him for it. That goes right to our heads :)
9. Remind your Daddy why he is your Daddy. Do this periodically.
10. Always tell him the truth. Truth is the foundation of any solid relationship. Fibbing about getting into the cookies or where you hid his birthday presents do not count.
..I imagine this will not apply to every Big/Little relationship out there…but I hope it serves as a good reminder. Please feel free to spread this around and add your own take on things. I am sure I forgot many important issues (see number 3).